- Redbird Insight: A networked PC and large screen monitor which records each simulator session and enables post-flight debriefing and review as well as storage of flight profiles and video.
- Redbird Cygnus: A system which enables pilots to bring aboard their personal iPad, which connects to the Cygnus GPS by Bluetooth and portrays on Foreflight the simulated flight in progress, just as in actual flight. This enhances the realism and promotes the transfer of the simulation experience to the pilot’s day-to-day flying.
- PilotEdge Live ATC: Through a connection to the PilotEdge network, the PilotEdge air traffic controllers see your position on their scopes and provide real-time two-way voice communication on your selected COM frequencies via the MCX headsets and PTT button. This includes everything from initial ground and clearance delivery through Tower, TRACON, and Center with vectoring as needed. Flight plans can be submitted to PilotEdge before flight. It’s a very effective tool for both training and keeping current on air traffic control procedures.
- RealNav Database: With a subscription updated quarterly, the MCX is assured of current worldwide data on COM and NAV frequencies, as well as locations of waypoints and all navigation facilities and runways. This ensures that the simulator will correspond with current published charts and procedures.
- Redbird GIFT: Guided Independent Flight Training. For private pilots-in-training and everyone seeking an effective tool for maintaining skills, the GIFT is comprised of 33 training scenarios, addressing every one of the items in the Private Pilot Syllabus. These are designed to be used by the pilot independently of an instructor or with a CFI, for practicing and perfecting each skill, with online preflight coaching and post-flight performance grading and record keeping.
- PilotWorkshops: The Pilot Proficiency Center has online access to PilotWorkshops, an excellent advanced training asset for accomplished pilots. Their 42-scenario IFR Proficiency series is one example. Our wide-screen PC provides an excellent platform for small-group viewing and discussion of these and many other online training resources.
Instructors, flight schools and pilots can use as many of these tools as desired to teach or maintain proficiency.